Yes you can still satisfy your sweet tooth while cutting down on sugar. These guys are packed with protein, fibre, and other redeeming qualities. Don’t let the black beans scare you away, they add density and moistness without any bean taste whatsoever. I’ve road tested these gems on friends and family with various levels of sweet toothiness (is that a word?), and they always get rave reviews.
325 degrees for 35 min in an 9 X 13 baking pan
yield: 16 brownies
- 5 oz good quality unsweetened chocolate
- 1 oz good quality milk chocolate
- 1 c salted organic butter
- 2 c black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 T vanilla
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 c chopped nuts
- 1/3 c. instant coffee (freeze dried)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c honey or coconut palm nectar
- ½ t cinnamon
- Heat butter and chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Stir until mixed.
- Mix the beans, 1 scoop whey powder, vanilla extract, and half of the melted chocolate mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together nuts, cinnamon, instant coffee and the 2nd scoop of chocolate whey powder.
- Add the remaining melted chocolate mixture to the bowl, and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, and add the honey and blend again.
- Add all mixtures together in a large bowl and blend well.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 pan and bake for 35 minutes.