Okay I am in no way reinventing the wheel here, but this is the perfect salad to make at the end of the summer when vegetables are both plentiful and inexpensive. It’s also a great salad to throw together any time of the year when you have a bunch of veggies that you need to use up.
I think this salad tastes even better the next day.
- 1 cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed
- 2 cups magical mineral broth or bouillon of your choice
- 1 can black beans
- 4 medium tomatoes or a whole bunch of those cute little grape tomatoes
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1 large bunch cilantro or parsley
- 1-2 limes
- 2 ears of corn
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bell pepper
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa according to package directions. Use the mineral broth (or your favourite bouillon) in place of just plain ol’ water. Cool the quinoa while you assemble the salad.
- In a large bowl, add the black beans (drained and rinsed), and everything else.
- Once cooled quinoa.
- Refrigerate and serve.